PTO Forms (For Students/Teachers/Parents) 


Carnegie Vanguard High School PTO  is a 501(c)(3) 

EIN: 76-0234729 | Texas TIN, or Taxpayer Identification Number: 17602347290

| 1501 Taft St. Houston, TX, 77019; United States


Is CVHS PTO On Publication 78 Data List? Yes; Deductibility Code: PC Publication 78 Data: Organizations are eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions. Users may rely on this list to determine the deductibility of their contributions.


PTO Funding Request Forms


PTO Reimbursement Form (The PTO will not reimburse nor fund *sales tax)


PTO Funding Request Form

PTO Event Planner


PTO Documents

  • IRS FEDERAL Tax Exempt Status Letter
  • Texas Sales & Use Tax Exemption Certificate
    comptroller seal
    Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
    Austin, TX 78774
    September 12, 2023

    1501 TAFT ST
    HOUSTON, TX 77019-4507


    According to the records of the Comptroller of Public Accounts, the following exemption(s) from Texas taxes apply to the above organization(s):


    Franchise tax EXEMPT, as of 2008-01-01
    Sales and use tax EXEMPT, as of 2008-01-01

      (Provide Texas sales and use tax exemption certificate Form 01-339 (Back) to the vendor.)
    The entity is not exempt from hotel occupancy tax.

    Texas taxpayer identification number: 17602347290

    This exemption verification is not a substitute for the completed exemption certificates that are required when claiming exemption from Texas taxes. Vendors should be familiar with the requirements for accepting the certificates in good faith from their customers.

    This exemption verification does not mean that the organization holds a permit for collecting or remitting any Texas taxes.

    Exempt organizations must collect tax on most sales. For more information, please see our publication Exempt Organizations: Sales and Purchases (96-122). Online registration is available.

    For information concerning sales taxpayer permit status, please use the vendor search we provide online.

    Corporations that are registered in Texas with the Secretary of State must maintain a current registered agent and registered office address. Information is available from the Business and Nonprofit Forms page of the Secretary of State's website. Additionally, out-of-state corporations, limited liability companies, or limited partnerships transacting business in Texas may need to file a Certificate of Authority or Registration with the Texas Secretary of State. More information is available from the Foreign or Out-of-State Entities page on the Secretary of State's website.

    Our publications and other helpful information are available on our website. If you need more information, write to us at, or call us at 800-252-5555.


CVHS PTO is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. 

Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations & are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.   

Interactive Training

CVHS PTO Volunteers may want to learn more about the benefits, limitations, and expectations of tax-exempt organizations by attending 10 FREE courses at the online: Small to Mid-Size Tax Exempt Organization Workshop.